Sunday, June 3, 2012

God Save the Queen!

This has been a great Sunday.

At church, I attended what I'd consider to be one of the best fast and testimony meetings I've ever participated in. I loved it. It's been a really great experience to attend a ward consistently in a different country; it's proved to me that the Church is the same everywhere in the world. The members may appear different, and they surely come from dramatically different backgrounds, but we all believe the same thing in the end. After growing up in Utah and attending very few fast and testimony meetings outside of the beehive state, it was refreshing to hear the testimonies of so many converts. There's something special about the London North ward, and although I still hardly know many of them, I feel really close to its members.

The Queen's Diamond Jubilee has been continuing today. 60 years of ruling England... that's pretty amazing. She's so charismatic! I have to admit, I didn't know much about her before I came, but I've definitely come to respect and admire her. In sacrament meeting, the congregation even sang "God Save the Queen" instead of the king. I'm not sure if that's allowed, but we did it. She is so loved by these people.

Because it was cold and wet and miserable outside today, we stayed in and watched the Flotilla on the telly. The Thames carried over a thousand boats down the river, with the Royal Family's float leading the way. Although I'm glad I wasn't out suffocating in the crowds, it was sure fun to watch on TV. It's been neat to be here in the midst of all these Jubilee festivities! And they'll just keep rolling for the next couple of days.








Pretty good seats, eh?

Ok, so we may or may not have taken pictures of the TV, but memories are memories. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment