Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ohhhh sweet freedom.

Done! Done done done with my first year of college at BYU. What a year it's been! I think I've learned more as a freshman than ever before. Being such a small fish in a huuuge sea is a hard adjustment, coming from a graduating class of 214. It requires some soul-searching. It requires finding out who you really are, and being sure and comfortable with that person. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way, because as much as I thought I knew myself before I came here, I didn't know the half of it. Of me! And now I do. :)

McCaye and Nash are here right now, and I can't believe how big that little man is. This morning he laid on the floor and watched me while I played guitar and sang. I sure hope my babies love music as much as he does! McCaye and Kel and Mom and I are heading to Park City one of these next days for a little bit of Spring shopping.

Speaking of music, I wrote two more songs recently, and I'm starting guitar lessons again this Saturday! As soon as I figure out how, I'll upload a video of my songs to the blog. One is for Aaron, of course, and the other is for my great friend Zach who leaves for Argentina in less than two weeks. The LDS CD is on the back burner just a little bit at the moment until my voice coach has time to mix it, and I'm saving every penny for the mixing and the orchestration until then.

The room's almost done! I painted the wall that used to be brown, and I spraypainted an old nightstand and shelf black and fixed them up.





No comments:

Post a Comment