Thursday, March 8, 2012

Shout-out to the Kris-Chris!

Real, true, sincere friends are sure hard to come by. I have a few, and as I get older, I realize how much I value and appreciate those friendships. No matter if we live under the same roof or in different cities, we're always just as close. Today is a tribute to two of my favorite people and my greatest friends: my Kris, and my Chris.


Kris has been my roommate for the last seven months. She is everything that a good friend could ever aspire to be, and she's exactly the type of person that I am trying to become. Kristalyn's got it figured out. She knows where she's headed, and she makes the most out of her journey there. She is bright, and she is strong. She's both gentle and fierce. At the end of a long day, there's nothing more refreshing than coming home to a happy friend who is excited to see me and who sincerely wants to hear about my day. We've shared more thought-provoking conversations in the last seven months than I've ever participated in in my entire life. She knows how to think, and she loves to learn. Kris is balanced. She takes care of herself and those around her, she's a good student, a hard worker, and she still makes plenty of time for fun. That, my friends, is quite the accomplishment. 

I've needed Kris this year. I have needed to hear her insights. I've needed to borrow her shoulder a few times. On occasion, I've needed some blunt advice that only she was willing to give me. I've needed to discuss, to share, to spend time, to laugh with her. I think we would agree that this year has been one of great growth; one of seeking and finding, piece by piece. I couldn't be more grateful for a genuine friend who continues to assist me in discovering myself, whether she knows it or not. Thank you, Kris!




Next, my Chris. My Christian Dane Tobler. I am more and more impressed by this little man every time I see him. He is mature. He is sharp as a tack. He's got his head screwed on straight, which is rather unusual for a sixteen year-old hunk like himself.

Chris has always been caring. Kind and caring. Not one to allow contention or disputations. He is persistent, and he is determined. I can't count the number of times that I have been upset and undoubtedly unkind, yet he continues to perform acts of service and love until I can't help but feel cheerful. I am grateful that he and I stand next to one another in the family line; I have no doubt it was meant to be that way. Although I live away now, there are some ways in which we are much more connected than before. He's entered the dating/driving realm, and it seems like we have more and more to talk about as he gets older and our lives become a little more relatable. He's getting me excited about the possibility of serving a mission just by his excitement toward his own. He's already preparing and asking questions and getting advice... for heaven's sake, I can't keep up! Thanks for helping me be better, Chris. :) Honestly and truly, I could never have asked for a better little brother and best friend. Love ya, man!





1 comment:

  1. What a great tribute Cass. Your sweet message brought a tear to my eye and a cannot emphasize how thankful I am for you in my life! Thank you for everything you do and are. We truly share a valuable and unique friendship!

    ReplyDelete