Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Rising Rays

Hello, friends! What a crazy ride it's been since the last post. Life never ceases to both surprise and excite me. :)

Aaron left in December. I have to say that the past couple of months have been quite the struggle, but I'm definitely on the up and up, and the sunshine is making me ten times happier! It's difficult when your best friend leaves. You always hear that "you don't know what you got till it's gone"; I thought I knew perfectly, but as it turns out, I didn't know the half of it! I'm just even more grateful now for the wonderful friend that he is. If there's anything I've learned the past little while, it's the importance of making new friends and being a TRUE friend. Anyway, I'm so excited for Aaron. He just left the MTC on Monday to serve in Tampa, FL until his visa comes, then he'll head off to Brazil. He's loving the work and was already a zone leader in the MTC. So proud. :) I'm feeling much happier now and the lonely feeling is leaving little by little as I make new friends and keep myself busy with school and singing and dance and everything.

School is so great, and I'm SO happy to be here at BYU. I really do love all my classes and professors, and call me a nerd but I kind of even enjoy studying. This semester is much better than last. And I'm sure next will be even better, right? I've been branching out the last little while; I'm taking two dance classes right now (jazz dance and private lessons) because I'm working up to my lifetime dream of being a BYU Young Ambassador. What I really wanna do is prove to myself that I'm brave enough to audition, because dancing in front of people happens to be a phobia of mine. I picked the perfect dream, right? Ha, but I'm enjoying dance very much! I love doing things that push me. Still on the topic of the arts, voice lessons are also coming along very well. Without a doubt the highlight of my week. We're actually going to begin recording my first CD (LDS hymns) within the next two weeks! I love to sing. I really really do. :) So thankful for music.

I thought I'd throw in a picture of Darby (Sharon's new dog) just because she's adorable. She's definitely brightening up the home...



Oh, right, did I mention I moved home? I decided to save some money by living at home until Fall semester, because next Spring I'm planning on going to London for Study Abroad... hooray! Super excited for that. Anyway, living at home has been great. I love hanging out with Mom every day, and being able to see Dad and Chris and Ryan more often has been fun. Not that I wasn't home half the time last semester anyway. :)

That's about all I have time for today, because my kind friend Jenna Higgins offered to take me to lunch at the MOA Cafe! Love her! I will try to update more often. You'd think more often than a few times a year would be manageable.... so I'll work on it.

Enjoy the sunshine and have a great day!!

Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment