Monday, July 26, 2010

The Perfect Summer





After reflecting on the sunny days of the last two months, I've come to the conclusion that it has been my perfect summer. I've done so many fun things and spent all my time with my favorite people... I'm not sure how much better it can get.

I've got a lot to fill you all in on! On the 17th, I went to a Jenny Phillips songwriting/singing workshop all day. It was amazing! I learned so many new things and got to know people very similar to myself. As you can imagine, there were also quite a few oddballs at the conference, which made the day even more entertaining. :) The whole thing made me seriously consider a major in Media Music; I guess we'll see if the interest sticks around!

The 24th was such a great day as well... Pioneer Day might just be my favorite holiday. I'm a huge fan of our little hometown parade and annual fair. What can I say-- I'm a small town girl. I love the primary kids riding the float, the horses and cowboys, the pooper-scoopers, the entertainers at the park, the happy sun, family and friends, the whole lot of it.

Saturday afternoon, I had an audition with Jenny Phillips herself in SLC for a vocal competition I'm doing; everyone records a demo singing the same song that Jenny wrote, then she and Tyler Castleton review the demos and choose a winner to record a song on their 2011 CD. The top ten vocalists also get to sing a combined number. The audition went well and I had a lot fun doing it, so I don't even care about the outcome! After I was done recording, she asked me if I'd like to be on the cover of her next YW CD. Pretty sweet, eh? I'm excited for the shoot!

As if the day wasn't good enough, it was topped off with Mapleton city's AMAZING fireworks. I have an obsession with fireworks, really with anything that glows in the sky. Not long ago, Aaron and I bought a book about constellations and have been using it to our stargazing benefit.

Speaking of Aaron, his papers are officially in. The long-awaited call will be here shortly, and I'm so dang excited to find out where he's going. Hooray! He's going to make a very incredible missionary; as much as I'm going to miss him, I wouldn't want him anywhere but right where he's supposed to be serving the Lord. I'm going to have to work hard to keep up with him while he's gone... I've got a LOT of studying to do!

Have you all read the Hunger Games series? If not, I HIGHLY recommend it. I've been stuck on them lately, and I found out today that I have to wait until Aug. 24th for the last one to come out. :( So very sad!

Well, it's time to get my car registered before I get pulled over a third time. :) Have a great day, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I love you, Cassie! I have enjoyed a wonderful summer, too, and I can't believe how fast it's coming to a close! I'm moving out next Sunday - one week! You know what that means - we need to play.
    Keep up the good work! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete